What is website malware? Can a website be infected with malware too?
Malware, is the short form for malicious software, is designed basically to cause harm to a website or computer. Malicious files can be used to steal sensitive customer information on a website, or even gain control of the website.
In most times, victims without a website security checker may not be aware that their websites have been attacked until nothing can be done anymore to reverse it.
With a continuous and daily increase in cyber-theft, malicious files are been released and the malware remains a constant instrument of attack in a hacker’s arsenal. It is therefore important to become proactive about website security and consistently check website for malware.
A website malware can be:
- Webshell or Backdoor: Webshell is a website security threat that can be uploaded to a web server that permits remote access to the webserver such as the web server’s file system. A web shell could be programmed in any language that the target server supports and can be detected using a website security checker.
- Malicious redirect: Malicious redirects are bits of code that are injected into the core files of a website. They are designed to divert website visitors to a specified, unrelated site that often contains adverts, pornography, potentially unwanted programs, or browser extension. Malicious redirects can be detected using a WordPress malware scanner.
- Malware or Virus: This is a harmful software intentionally created to cause damage to a computer, server, client, or computer network. It can be installed in different ways but the most common are a fake installer, infected attachment, phishing email, and phishing links. Website owners are unaware of the malware because hackers convince users into installing making it look legitimate. Once installed, it hides in different folders on the computer. If advanced malware, it can gain access to the operating system of the computer and begin to encrypt personal information. With ScanTitan being the best website malware scanner, you can run a free website malware scanning to detect malware and improve your website security.
You can continue reading about malware in Wikipedia here.
Why Is It Important To identify Malicious Files?
It is very important to identify malicious files as it is crucial with its prevalence on the internet because it functions as a quick warning system for the computer secure regarding malware and cyber-attacked. With the aid of a website malware scanner, you can prevent your information from getting compromised and keep hackers out of your computer. As a website owner, you should always run a website security scan and check website for malware because;
- It affects your website visitors: The signs of these malicious files may not be immediately obvious to your visitors. You may assume that website defacement, an attack that changes the visual appearance of a website is the only way to detect that your website has malicious files. However, what makes these files effective is the difficulty in the description and the ability to hide from the website owner. Using ScanTitan, a website malware scanner online would help identify those hidden files and remove them automatically.
- It affects your business: Research has shown that malicious files affect businesses daily. It disrupts IT and computer processes and in extreme cases can delete, steal, or hold to ransom your business and personal data. If you don’t get the best website malware scanner to quickly identify these files, you might end up losing your business and your reputation.
- It makes you lose traffic: When your website is infected by malware as a result of negligence in website security, there surely will be a spammy link and poor content on your website. Google is going to realize this whether it is your fault or not and your website will drop in ranking.
You should regularly run a website security scan using a website security checker to avoid the infection because you would not want to get notified by visitors or by Webhosting, Google after blacklisting your website.
How Can I Monitor My Website with ScanTitan?
The most effective way to monitor your website and to protect against malware is by using a website malware scanner that identifies malicious files and removes them automatically. ScanTitan is a free website malware scanner and the best website malware scanner online that can be used to scan any website and checks the website for malware, infected files, and other suspicious activities. After performing a thorough website security scan, we at ScanTitan report external links, iFrames, infected files, referenced domains, and blacklisting status. We do this using:
- Basic Malware Monitoring: With this package, ScanTitan secures, and checks your website for malware, identifies malicious files and suspicious activities ensuring a website malware scanning every two days. With this package, you can be assured of a consistent website security scan preventing your core files from being compromised by cybercriminals.
- Advanced Malware Monitoring: The advanced malware monitoring gives you a better of securing your website from hackers because with this package, ScanTitan runs a website malware scanning every six hours to detect every trait of malicious and suspicious files. With our free website malware scanner, you can be sure of a customer-friendly website for your business and you would be free from the effects of malware on your SEO ranking.
You can compare our plans and features for each package on our pricing page.